REMEMBER: COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO SOLVING ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS ….
LADIES & GENTLEMENT – How to avoid Hurting or making someone feel uncomfortable.
Please Be Aware and Sensitive to your dance partner on The Dance Floor…
1) What I may LIKE – another may NOT! (Let’s not generalise or assume)
2) What I may NOT LIKE – another may LIKE! (Let’s not generalise or assume)
3) If you don’t like it or you don’t want it to continue, Please Say it straight to him/her
(Please DON’T Keep QUIET. Address the problem IMMEDIATELY with your Dance Partner)
DON’T let it CONTINUE until the end and complain afterwards… Speak Straight away!
COMMUNICATE!! Tell them you don’t like it and ASK them to STOP. IF it continues, politely END the dance)
4) Keeping Quiet WHEN you don’t like something ISN’T being polite and considerate.
You’re at risk of getting injured and the person may NOT know he/she is hurting you or making you feel UNCOMFORTABLE.
5) Also bear in mind that dancers have a different type of ‘Dance embrace/Hand Position’, (Most Leaders have different holds/embraces with different followers)
6) RESPECT is mutual on the dance floor. But if the Respect isn’t RECIPROCATED after being advised…then you have The right to GO BANANA’S !!!!!!!!!
7) To all the Girls in my Workshops/Classes, I REPEAT!!!!! COMMUNICATION is SO IMPORTANT!! Please SPEAK UP, dont let him do it to you until the end of the song and then complain after…
ADVISE him straight away when you don’t like it or are uncomfortable in the dance.
BEAR IN MIND – All Dance Leaders have their OWN STYLE, so sometimes, you may encounter a Leader that has an UNUSUAL Handhold or Embrace.
Despite it Feeling DIFFERENT – It doesn’t mean that it’s WRONG – It’s Just DIFFERENT.
BUT Again, IF It Makes you FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE or HURTS you, you HAVE The POWER and the RIGHT to COMMUNICATE this to your Dance Partner…..
LADIES EMPOWER YOURSELF – YOU ARE IN CONTROL!
***See You Soon On The Dance Floor In Ireland or Around the World …
Peace & Love …